Monday, May 4, 2009

Greenlight gets brighter

Good news (for the people of Wilson, NC): Greenlight is now offering Internet-only service! Before Greenlight would come bring its blistering fast and fairly inexpensive Internet service to your door as part of a larger bundle of services. I'm upset over Time Warner's want to tier services. Why do I struggle with unreasonable upload speeds and minimal download speeds when I have equal service at the Outer Banks for less money a month and no caps via Charter Cable? Why do my parents, who happen to live in the Greater Phoenix Metro Area, an area much larger than RDU where environmental conditions make it 1000 times more difficult to bury anything, get 17 meg down and over 2 megs up on basic Interent service via Cox?This is just a money-grab by TWC plain and simple. TWC has an effective monopoly in the area and they are flexing their muscle around your neck. Why does TWC offer 15+ meg service (buried in the article) down in Wilson where they have actual competition? Is it any mystery?Why is Greenlight the only Interent service in the state that offers equal up and download speeds? If my office were 15 minutes closer to Wilson I'd move my household there by force if necessary just for Greenlight access.

No comments:

Post a Comment