Saturday, June 6, 2009

Thursday night surprise.

First, let me say thank you to everyone that commented yesterday. It warms my heart and reaffirms my own faith to see so many of us feel the burden to pray. The other Tracey and I have been working like crazy women to be ready for our booth at the 1st Roseville Antique Market, and it's nearly here, whether we're ready or not. I would paint and create little treasures everyday, all day if I could. (And someday I will!) I love doing it so much that I lose track of time, but this week I had a change in my schedule at the bank and it meant that I wasn't home parts of the week to paint as I had planned. (there are only so many hours in the day, no matter how I try to stretch them) I was pretty stressed that I wasn't going to have all of my pieces completed and my dining room, kitchen and living room were looking like some kind of furniture refinishing warehouse.Anyway. Imagine my sheer amazement when I arrived home last night to hear Jack Johnson serenading me on my stereo and to find that all of the pieces of furniture that I had left half painted had been completed and ready to be antiqued or foofy-fied, along with the added surprise of a primed dressform I didn't think I would even have time to tackle for this show! (And she cleaned my kitchen!) It took me a minute to process all of this and then I burst into tears of disbelief as I walked through the dining room and living room. (Honestly, I felt like one of those folks on that Extreme Home Makeover show and I would hear Ty Pennington shout out at any minute, "Move! That! Bus!") The other Tracey, the little fairy God-friend that she is, had spent the entire morning at my cottage while I was at work, painting away, hanging out with my pups. I have typed and erased for 15 minutes now, and I simply cannot put into words how touched I am that she would do this for me.It boggles my mind to think of just how blessed I truly am.

No comments:

Post a Comment